These picks and $4.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks:
1. Boston — Sizemore, win more
2. New York — A close second
3. Tampa Bay — Another “so close” season
4. Baltimore — One of these years, but not 2014
5. Toronto — Still the best team in Canada
1. Detroit — Too much talent
2. Cleveland — Playoffs again, if briefly
3. Kansas City — Better, but not best
4. Chicago — Poor
5. Minnesota — Poorer
1. Rangers — Too many bats not to prevail
2. Oakland — All-around strength
3. Los Angeles — Persistent under-achievers
4. Houston — Wild hunch; I may be the only one on the planet not to pick them last
5. Mariners — Sorry and soggy year ahead
I predict the Rangers will make it to the World Series and win the whole shootin’ match, to use Texas phraseology.
2 thoughts on “My Amerian League picks for the 2014 baseball season”
Texas to win the World Series. Now that’s a bold pick!
Can’t argue with regular season picks, but pitching wins in the playoffs, and Detroit, Boston or LA are tops. I’m with Sox to repeat.